It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issues running an rpe report from web RQM

Shirley Jhirad (514151) | asked Mar 24 '15, 9:42 a.m.
 Hi,

I have loaded an RPE template into rqm which uses a word .doc stylesheet.
For the report resource, i have uploaded a dsx file that points to the name of the .doc stylesheet i have uploaded as well.

Once running the report, i'm getting the following error:

"An error occurred generating the report

Details:
Starting run...
Invalid data source configuration. Not all sources are correctly configured.
Error in engine No output specified.
Aborting engine execution...
Document generation finished in 0 seconds."

This has started to occur once i uploaded the dsx as well.
As for the error, i have one main datasource that is set during the setting of the report. all other DS are with "_".

Also in the dsx i have set the "ignore data source configuration errors" to true

Can someone please instruct me, what settings do i need on my dsx file prior to the upload to RQM.

Thanks in advance,

Shirley

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Mar 24 '15, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Shirley,

The "Invalid data source configuration" error can be safely ignored - I think the main error here is the "No output specified".  This sounds like the same problem mentioned in this post: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/98908/unable-to-configure-rpe-report-to-work-in-rtc-as-a-report-resource

When you run an RPE report in the web UI, it will always run in HTML format. So you are probably seeing the error because you don't have an HTML output in your doc spec.  To generate the report in another format (Word, PDF), you need to run the report, then choose "Export" from the toolbar.
So make sure that your *.dsx includes an HTML output option (as well as Word, if you're planning to export it to Word).
Shirley Jhirad selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shirley Jhirad commented Mar 24 '15, 10:08 a.m.

Thanks Alanna for the quick answer!

That solved the issue :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.