It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelImporter : Importing custom section in Test Plan.

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Mar 17 '15, 8:53 a.m.
  what entry i need to mentioned in .cfg file for  importing custom section in "Test Plan" just like same given for custom section in  Test Case- "testcase.Section("myns:mysection","my custom section")=C". ? your help would greatly appreciated. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Mar 17 '15, 9:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 17 '15, 9:06 a.m.
 You'll first need to obtain the Name and ID information for the custom section from the XML of the artifact template (In this case its a Test Plan)
The here is an example on what the XML would look like;

<ns2:section content="" name="MyCustomTPsectionForDemo" id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection_1379687368053" description="Created this section for a demo"/>

Once you have this, the entry in your cfg file would look something like this:

testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection_1379687368053","MyCustomTPsectionForDemo")=B9
Naveen Tyagi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 17 '15, 12:02 p.m.

Thanks Ara,I knew about it, This is for the custom section which is already in the default template  in RQM and i want to mapped the value from excel file to this section. My question is for the custom section which is not in RQM and plugin will have to create that section at the time of importing automatically and mapped the value in that section.[i have done this for Test case and need same for test plan.]

Ara Masrof commented Mar 17 '15, 12:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to created a new (custom) section during your import, the syntax of the cfg file would look something like this

testplan.Section("myns:CustomSectionOne","my custom section 1")=B9
testplan.Section("myns:CustomSectionTwo","my custom section 2")=B10

The resulting artifact would look like this
Screenshote

Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 18 '15, 12:26 a.m.

Hi Ara, I tried this yesterday and now i understand why i was and still  getting error.
It works fine for the custom section which has single name["custom"] without space but throwing error when i am trying to import a custom section has more than one word with spape [let's say "My Custom"]. I don't know how to import custom section which has more than two words in its name including space in them.

Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 18 '15, 2:05 a.m.

Okay Ara, In order to get the job done, i have removed the space between the name of custom sections and now they are getting Imported. Now a new problem i am facing is this that three custom section contains value in "Date[05-01-2015]" and after importing these value i am geting some random no. like 41883 three for this date and  some other no. for others value/date. can you give some idea how can i mapped exact date value in RQM instead of Random number.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.