It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source control in a separate repository

Sunita Dinakar (11413742) | asked Mar 13 '15, 10:50 a.m.
Hi,

We have a single repository serving our company and we use around 5 major project areas for work items, source control and reporting. But given the size and number of users using the system, we face performance issues almost everyday causing downtime's and frustration for our end users. We have PMR's open for this for a very long time and haven't got any closure yet. While the investigations are still going on, is there any way that we can sync all streams and components into a different project area at a scheduled time? This way we can give a different repository for all integration activities?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Sunita

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Mar 13 '15, 11:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
So long as RTC servers are marked as friends of each other, you should be able to distribute code and work items between them more or less transparently. In that scenario, I wouldn't recommend automated syncing unless it proves to be necessary (perhaps because you have many builds starting at a specific time). 

If you haven't already read it, I recommend: Flow changes cross repositories with Rational Team Concert
Sunita Dinakar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sunita Dinakar commented Mar 17 '15, 5:52 p.m. | edited Mar 17 '15, 11:13 p.m.

Hi Evan,

I've read the article while we were on 3.0 and for some reason this didn't work out for us. But I've tried setting up again everything from scratch to see if the link you posted will help us. I think I'm going to propose a solution of moving the source code to a different server and integrate with work items using the process posted on the link. This might help us quite a bit.

Thanks for pointing out towards this, appreciate it.

Regards,
Sunita

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.