It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CSV import in DOORS NG 5.0.2

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Mar 13 '15, 6:47 a.m.
I am trying to import CSV file in DOORSNG. I am able to import the file, but attribute values are missing in columns. I have added  all the attribute those are present in CSV file along with Artifact Type, Primary Text before import.
Have I missed any step.
Please guide me on this.

Deepali Nigade

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Mar 16 '15, 11:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 16 '15, 12:09 p.m.
Most import problems tend to be:

1. That the content is not in UTF-8 format
2. That the csv column names do not match exactly the name of the artifact attributes

Usually, before I import from csv, if I do not already have a requirement of the same type as the one to be imported, I create a dummy requirement, go to a view that shows that dummy requirement, add all the attributes to the view, and export that view to a csv file, so that I am sure I have the correct column names. I then open both the csv file to import and the one containing the dummy requirement and make sure that the column names are the same.

Now if this does not help, have you looked at the below help topic as it might have some thing else that might help.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_import_csv.html?lang=en
Deepali Deshmukh selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.