It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone had the RMBrowserAddOn installed in Firefox but not recongized by RM when trying to edit a use-case diagram?

Jamie Berry (14014196) | asked Mar 12 '15, 7:17 p.m.
We are still running on CLM 4.0.2 (working on upgrading to 5.0.2) and have just ran into a problem with some of our RM users.  They are using the RMBrowserAddOn to edit Use-Case Diagrams in the browser.  Our IT department has deployed Firefox ESR Version 31.3.0 to some of our users.  When they go and try to edit the diagram, RM tells them they need to install a plug-in.  They go through the steps to install the plug-in, including restarting Firefox.  They come back to the diagram and click edit and are again prompted to install the plug-in.  Checking the Add-ons manager in Firefox, the RMBrowserAdOn 4.0.2.0_0 shows to be installed.   We checked with other users who are on ESR 31.0 and the a plug-in works fine.

I know that Firefox ESR 31 isn't officially supported, but I thought I would see if anyone had seen this type of behavior before and if they knew of a way to fix it.  We can roll back to 31.0 for this user if absolutely needed, but I was hoping there was something else that we could do...  We have seen similar behavior in IE 10 (IE 9 works okay).

Thanks,
Jamie.

2 answers

permanent link
Håkan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Mar 13 '15, 2:45 a.m.
If it's  a 32bit firefox version you can try to copy the following two files
msvcr71.dll
msvcrt.dll
from C:\Users\<user name="">\RMAddOn-<version>\jre\bin
to Windows\system32 If it's a 64bit version the same files but to Windows\SysWOW64  and restart firefox again.
(<version> corresponds to your actual RRC/DNG version)

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Mar 13 '15, 10:09 a.m.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried what you said and it made no difference.

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Mar 16 '15, 5:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jamie,

The following is a link to a troubleshooting guide for the add-on.  You can try reinstalling the add-on.  If a regular install still doesn't work, try the scripted install mentioned.  There is also a list of common issues and suggested actions.
RM browser add-on: Installation and troubleshooting guide
I hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.