It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple Build Definition with corresponding repository workspace

Anand Billore (838) | asked Mar 11 '15, 6:45 a.m.
Hi Team, I have 3 BuildDefnition and I have created 3 separate  repository workspace to build from(In Jazz Source Control in Build Definition). All 3 repository workspace point to same Stream. The owner of repository workspace es are the BuildForge.
My main objective is if some code in checked into a workspace then associated BD need to be triggered and rest of the BD will not be triggered.
1). How the BuildForge user will check-in the repository?
2). Is it feasible to create different repository for 3 differnet BDs?
As a user I can check-in the code into workspace and then to Stream. 

One answer

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Mar 11 '15, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,
RTC Builds can be made to run at regular intervals by creating a schedule in the Schedule tab of the build definition. When this schedule is used along with the Accept options( in the Jazz Source Control tab), will trigger builds when change sets are delivered to a stream but to automatically trigger builds after a checkin into a workspace is not available in RTC, users can test their changes from their workspace(after a check in) by manually requesting a "Personal Build".

When you say the owner is BuildForge, does it mean a RTC user with user id/name "BuildForge" ? If this is a functional user and you can checkin/deliver changes to a repository workspace using the SCM CLI commands, the article https://jazz.net/library/article/195 has the details about using SCM Command line in builds.

Thanks,
Kishore

Comments
Anand Billore commented Mar 13 '15, 7:40 a.m.

Thanks a lot for your comments. What I understood is(Please verify) :
1). When scheduled build triggered for BD1,BD2 and BD3 ,load the code from associated workspace(in Jazz Control section) and not from Stream because the workspaces are always be in sync with Stream.
2). BuildForge is a admin user for the workspace.
3). In the BD1,BD2 and  BD3 scheduled builds,I have checked "Accept latest changes..." but unchecked "Build only if there..." option my build run always at scheduled date/time.
But it is not happening , we need to check-in a dummy java file to trigger that builds.
So always we need check-in the dummy file into Stream?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.