It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ROOT user set up on the BF Console, cannot execute a simple script on the BF Console

Sergei Cher (111) | asked Feb 11 '14, 12:02 p.m.

Hello,

I constantly have "API: access denied" failure when I do BuildForge build on the BF Console

the ticket was opened at https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/302262 regarding this matter.

Also there is information about it at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/119165/using-buildforge-7x-to-rtc-3x-build-definition-get-api-access-denied

Unfortunately, we currently can have only one BuildForge user, which is a ROOT User (it is our current limitation and we have to live with it - we cannot create the second user becuse of the licenses' limitations). And with this ROOT user I and my peer constantly get the error "API: Access denied" when we try to execute a simple script "echo hello" on the BuildForge.

What is really going on:

Each time after User's password change, the build (simple script execution) on the BuildForge, started from the Eclipse with the RTC plug-in, always runs successfully. All consecutive runs of the same script from the Eclipse IDE fail with the  "API: Access denied" error message.

Any input is appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Feb 12 '14, 8:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
With using only the root user, any kind of integration work will cause problems.  Same as the previous forum post.  If RTC is trying to run integration tasks against the root user, then it will cause incredible session contention in Build Forge that basically will not allow anything to run, which is why we strongly recommend against using root as the integration user.  What does the BF engine foreground log report?

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.