It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error creating project in RMC Client

Vaithyanathan Krishnan (261) | asked May 28 '09, 4:58 p.m.
After updating RMC to 1.0.0.1, I am getting the following error when I try to create a project

Reason: CRRRC2123 you are running version 1.0.1.0 of RRC. These versions are not compatible. you must install and user version 1.0 of RRC to connect to this repository.

10 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered May 28 '09, 10:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
After updating RMC to 1.0.0.1, I am getting the following error when I try to create a project

Reason: CRRRC2123 you are running version 1.0.1.0 of RRC. These versions are not compatible. you must install and user version 1.0 of RRC to connect to this repository.

Did you update both the RRC client and server? If you update one from version 1.0, you must update the other as well.

If you did, then the most common reason for the error you are describing is a problem with the jrs functional user. Either the user has not been created, was not given the System license or has not been added as an Admin to the 'rdm' project.

Please have a look at your jrs functional user and see if any of these possibilities apply

permanent link
Vaithyanathan Krishnan (261) | answered May 29 '09, 9:28 a.m.
Yes, I did update both RRC Server and client. I was using the system and worked fine before I updated to 1.0.0.1.

Is there a procedure/process to upgrade the repository?

As soon as I rolled both RRC Server and Client to 1.0.0.0, the system is working fine.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered May 29 '09, 3:38 p.m.
The repository itself does not require upgrading when updating the client or server to one of the 1.x service levels.

Did you have an opportunity to check the JRS functional user as I suggested? Also, what type of configuration are you using for your server (ie, Windows or Linux, Tomcat or WAS, etc)?

permanent link
Vaithyanathan Krishnan (261) | answered Jun 04 '09, 11:14 a.m.
I am running on Windows XP.

I have two users in the project ADMIN and myself, both are administrators.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 05 '09, 1:15 p.m.
I am running on Windows XP.

I have two users in the project ADMIN and myself, both are administrators.

When you say "project" are you referring to the 'rdm' project area? If so, then the JRS Functional User needs to be defined there as an Admin as well. The JRS Functional User is the user you should have created and to whom you assigned the System license.

permanent link
Vaithyanathan Krishnan (261) | answered Jun 10 '09, 12:04 a.m.
I meant "rdm". "functionaluser" is an "Administrator" in rdm project.

"functionaluser" have JazzAdmins and JazzUsers repository permission with System client access license.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 10 '09, 9:27 a.m.
I meant "rdm". "functionaluser" is an "Administrator" in rdm project.

"functionaluser" have JazzAdmins and JazzUsers repository permission with System client access license.

Hmmm, if the functional user is correct (meaning "functionaluser" was the name you used when you ran the server configuration utility, etc), then I'm not sure what might be causing this problem.

Are you seeing any messages in the server console window?

permanent link
Vaithyanathan Krishnan (261) | answered Jun 10 '09, 9:50 a.m.
I do see CRRRC10081 user "functionaluser" is not part of the RDM project area. I do have the functionaluser as administrator in both member and administrator section. Any suggestion on why I am getting this warning?

permanent link
Vaithyanathan Krishnan (261) | answered Jun 10 '09, 11:13 a.m.
I do see CRRRC10081 user "functionaluser" is not part of the RDM project area. I do have the functionaluser as administrator in both member and administrator section. Any suggestion on why I am getting this warning?

I see CRRRC10081 user "functionaluser" is not part of the RDM project area in the server console area.

My earlier message wasn't clear.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 10 '09, 4:57 p.m.

Is it possible that the password for "functionaluser" is something other than "functionaluser"? I believe the password has to match the userid. You should also be sure to use a userid other than "functionaluser" to connect to the repository from the client.

If either is true, here's a simple and quick way to fix this (for example, use jrsfunc as a functional user and rrcuser as a regular user for the client to access the repository):

* start the configuration utility, go to the configuration wizard, access the "Rational Requirements Composer Server Settings" page and specify "jrsfunc" (case sensitive) for the Jazz REST Services functional user as well as for the password
    * finish the wizard; if you get an error, make sure the server is not running and retry
    * start the Requirements Composer server and access the Jazz REST Services admin interface from a browser using the Jazz REST Services url (default is https://localhost:9443/jazz/)
    * login as ADMIN/ADMIN and go to the User Management tab
    * create the user with jrsfunc as id; assign a System Client licence and JazzUsers permission; save
    * create the user with rrcuser as id; assign an Author Client licence and JazzUsers permission; check JazzAdmins if you need to delete projects with this user; save
    * go to the project area tab and click on rdm
    * add jrsfunc and rrcuser as members of the project area
    * hover over the new members and access the Process Roles link from the right side of the users list
    * add Administrator role for each member; save
    * the server console should now display a message confirming that jrsfunc could successfully connect to the project area
    * stop and restart the Requirements Composer server
    * start the Requirements Composer client and define the connection to the repository; for example, a local client would use https://localhost:9443/jazz/ as url and "rrcuser" for the username and also for the password
    * the client should be able to access the repository

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.