It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Critical path on Scrum process templates

Deon Hulett (16613) | asked Mar 02 '15, 2:33 p.m.
 Is it possible to configure a Scrum process template to calculate and display the critical path?

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 02 '15, 2:47 p.m.
I don't think so.. agile and critical path are opposite ideas.

to get CP I think you have to use the Formal Process template
Deon Hulett selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Deon Hulett commented Mar 02 '15, 2:53 p.m.

Well, I think it should be possible to configure the way the user wants. If they want to configure a whole new process with mixed ideas from different processes concepts, they should be able to do that, and the "CP" is something that should be in the possibilities.

Don't you agree?

sam detweiler commented Mar 02 '15, 3:07 p.m.

I personally have no opinion..  CP is constantly evolving thruout the project progress.
Net is, better communication of the current work status makes cp deadlocks go away a vast majority of the time.

What you request is not how the product works today.

N Z commented Mar 02 '15, 6:06 p.m.

Hi Deon,

As Sam says, they are contrary ideas. The agile developers we have here don't want to know about CP's, mentioning such things is sacrilege!
Each Process Template behaves in a certain way, you cannot make it behave  differently. 
I am not opposed to what you are saying, but to do what you want, you would have to create your own Process Template, I don't know anything about that, but I would hope it's possible. I suspect it would be a lot of work though.
One of my criticisms of RTC is that extensibility is far too hard. Any behavioural customisation would be great and desirable, but to do these sorts of things in RTC is difficult, time consuming and a real turn-off.

Deon Hulett commented Mar 05 '15, 8:37 a.m.

Understood.

Thank you very much.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.