It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to calculate Elapsed Time for each approval in the Approvals tab

Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | asked Feb 20 '15, 2:01 a.m.
 Hi Everyone,

I am creating a report which shows WI type,Name,Approval type,Approver name and Status.I want to calculate the elapsed time for each approval.Can anyone help me on this.

3 answers

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39336662) | answered Feb 20 '15, 7:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hareesh,
If you are using Rational Insight, then you can try to get similar reports.

permanent link
Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | answered Feb 23 '15, 12:30 a.m.
 Hi Manoj,

Am trying to make a report to show the aging of the work item state and each approval .To be very clear,I want to calculate how much time WI was in one state. and also with the approval state.

Transition from New -> In Progress
New state - For how much Duration it is in New State(in hrs,mins,secs).

Any anyone suggest on this.

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Feb 23 '15, 4:33 p.m.
In Rational Insight or RRDI, you can do this quite easily by looking in the Operational Data Store area of the data model.  Under the 'Request Area' folder you will see a section called 'Request Approval' and another section called 'Request State History'.     You should be able to find the "Days in State" under 'Request State History' and then join this with data from the 'Request Approvals' section to get the approval state.

If you are looking for the history of the approval, I don't think that information is available. But I hope this should be enough to get you started.

Comments
Don Max commented Feb 25 '15, 8:26 a.m.

hi,

How can we convert " Days in State" to minutes  if the states change on same day. In report it will show the Days in State as zero.  We want the aging iin minutes.  Anyway we can achieve this?

Jackie Albert commented Feb 26 '15, 12:55 p.m.

I don't know how to do this without a lot of customization, but you could look at the 'Reuqest History' instead of the 'Request State History' area to try to calculate this yourself. 

Hareesh Jairaj commented Mar 03 '15, 11:39 p.m.

Hi Jackie Albert,

I have created the report which shows "days in state" . I am trying to make a report where if state changes on same day as "Don Max" said,Report to show changes in hours and minutes.I got the result when used "Request State History" with two queries and join .But when WI reopens and go with another loop.Miscalculation is happening.

Can you please suggest me on this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.