It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

does RTC support automatic Build after check in?

Verdan Salay (18817) | asked Feb 09 '15, 2:47 a.m.

Im wondering if RTC 4.0.5 can execute a build whenever the action check in is executed.

verification if the modification made is good to be checked in. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Feb 09 '15, 10:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Other SCMs refer to sharing a change with the rest of your team as 'check-in'. In RTC, that's called 'deliver'. 

If you're asking about running a build when a change is shared with a team, then RTC supports something very similar: you can configure a build to check frequently if there have been any new changes delivered to a stream, then run a build on it. With the build checking every 30 minutes, you'll get efficient batching of builds and you can check the validity of your changes rapidly. 

Alternatively, you can run personal builds at any time: they allow you to test changes that you haven't shared with the rest of your stream in a build. Users can run a personal build at any time to verify changes they have not yet delivered. 

In my experience, personal builds are great, because you can run them when you're partially finished your work: for example run server unit tests while working on the UI of a feature, for example. 
Verdan Salay selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 09 '15, 3:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No. The checkin operation is not process governed, unfortunately you can not even extend the behavior to easily support this. The checkin operation is also against a private sandbox. You would have to run a private build.

So, off of the top of my head, I don't know a simple way to make this work. 

Comments
Verdan Salay commented Feb 09 '15, 3:38 a.m.

Thank You, Its just that it could check if the modification made more valid.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.