It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question regarding use of alias with License Server

Chao Wang (235312) | asked Apr 13 '16, 4:41 p.m.
  Attempting to use an alias to point to my rational license key server. However, I am receiving an error when I test the connection with the alias. Using the public URI and IP address work correctly though, I also confirmed that they are set up as friends.

The configuration test resulted in errors. Resolve the errors to continue. for information about why the confiuration did not pass the validity test and how to provide a valid configuration, see the other messages that are provided with this message. For more information, open the help and search for "Running the setup wizard." ID CRJAZ1579E hide details

A secure connction to <alias> server cannot be established because the serve ris either not local or is not registered as a friend server. If this is a local server that you want to use as a floating license server, verify that the specified URL matches the server's public URL: <public URL>. If the <alias> server is external, an administrator must add it as a friend server on this server, assign a functional user on the consumer key that is generated on <alias> ID CRJAZ2916E

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ben Tran (16018) | answered Apr 13 '16, 4:41 p.m.
It should be noted that this is working as designed. When you do try to access the license server via alias, you'll notice that there are certain pages which won't load or will bring up errors (i.e. loading jts/rootservices or the jts/admin page).

This is noted to be working as design, the public URI must be used to access the JTS server. The public URI is designed to be used for referencing all artifacts within CLM, and it must use the public URI to access any of the artifacts, not the alias.

An alternative would be to look into performing a server rename as this will eliminate the need for an alias. Documentation on the server rename process can be found here for version 5.0.2, http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_redeploy_server.html?lang=en
Chao Wang selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.