It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS and work item custom attributes presention

Liora Milbaum (513282117) | asked Feb 08 '15, 11:22 a.m.
 JRS 5.0.2

I have built a report which uses work item custom attributes. The issue is that it presents the literal ids instead of its values. See attached image:

How can I convert the literal ids to their values?

Thanks,
Liora

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 12 '15, 11:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Liora,

I have been looking at JRS recently. One observation is that currently work item attributes of type enumeration list are not really supported. You will see a list of literal ID's. I think that is what you see above. Actually the value returned is a list of items and you would have to resolve each enumeration literal.

I haven't had a deeper look, so I can't tell if you could fix that somehow. I would suggest to look at https://jazz.net/library/article/1470 if you can find a way to fix this with some effort on your side. Otherwise this is likely to be an enhancment request that you should create, if you have the need. The problem though is, how should the graph group by multiple values (that you could have).
Liora Milbaum selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 12 '15, 11:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Looking at it right now and for JRS the returned values for lists are just interpreted as one object converted to a string. Multiple literals are considered to be one value together, as far as I can tell.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.