It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sending email to group of users for a particular action during task workflow (Rational Team Concert)

Debashish Panda (645) | asked Feb 02 '15, 2:31 p.m.

Hi,

I would like to send email to multiple users  in change and configuration management (e.g. Test Leader, Test Manager etc) for a particular action (e.g. when a task is approved).

When Test Analyst will change the action to "Approved" in the task workflow, a mail should be triggered to users present in Test Lead and Test Manager Role.

I understand, we can use the subscriber list to send the email to multiple people. But I want to do this operation on a particular condition like when a task status is approved only, i will send the mail to multiple users.

Kindly help as it is very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Debashish

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 03 '15, 2:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only way to achieve this is to create a custom follow up action (server, save work item). This would detect the state change and use the internal mail service to send the mails. This would be a good starting point to understand what this means: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/only-owner-can-close-workitem-advisor/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.