It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can I use scm move command to merge components in RTC 4.0.7

Richar Cai (1711116) | asked Dec 10 '14, 11:19 a.m.
Dear All,
I am writing to seek your help. It's about the scm command to move files/folders/projects between components.

The background is as below:
 ============================
We have more than one thousand components in one stream, and now we want to merge these components.
We want to move all the projects from component B/C/D/E... into component A (something like that) to reduce the number of components.
I know that using eclipse client to do this, but it's two problems.
1. we need to load the files from components first if using Eclipse client to platform this task.
2. We have too many components and files, if all these need to be done manually, it will cost so much time and effort.
so, I thinking to write a script to do this automatically with "scm tools commands".
But it seems that no one use this command before and from the "scm help move" helper document, I could not find how to mention the source/target path for 2 components.
I guess scm move command could only move files/folders/project within one component ? I am not sure.

Could anyone give me some advice?
Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Thanks&Best regards,
RicharCAI

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Dec 12 '14, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like this feature is not available in the CLI. There is an enhancement request for this in:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=233895
Richar Cai selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Richar Cai commented Dec 12 '14, 11:28 a.m.

Thank you very much for the informatin, David.  - Richar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.