It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are the baselines not updating on my stream when I promote the snapshot (change the owner) to the stream?

jeanie Keen (132023) | asked Jan 30 '15, 11:35 a.m.
edited Oct 11 '17, 1:01 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Why are my baselines not updating on stream b below when i promote the snapshot from my workspace.  The snapshot shows up in stream b but the baselines are showing up from a previous baseline.

I am using Jenkins to run the RTC build definition and an shell script.  The replace baselines works fine in the workspace and then i create a snapshot on the workspace with the same name except .B is added to the end.  I then promote the snapshot to stream b.  The snapshot changes but the baselines dont.

Before script

Stream A

components abc bl 2 def bl 2 ghi bl 2

Stream B

Components abc bl1 def bl 1 ghi bl 1

Snapshot 1

Workspace b

snapshot 1

After Script

Stream A

components abc bl 2 def bl 2 ghi bl 2

Stream B

Snapshot 2

Workspace b

Components abc bl2 def bl 2 ghi bl 2

snapshot none it was promoted to stream B

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 01 '15, 12:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Two points:
-  In current RTC releases, the term "promote" is no longer applied to a snapshot ... instead, you change the "owner" of the snapshot.  And when you change the owner of a snapshot, that snapshot now appears in the list of snapshots owned by that stream, but that has no affect on the configuration of that stream ... it just is a way to organize snapshots.
- When you create a new snapshot, it by default will just re-use an existing baseline, if there is one that matches the current state of that component in the stream/workspace being baselined.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Feb 06 '15, 2:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A related Help topic is here https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_snapshot_ops.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.