It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC work items: Is it possible to make an attribute required when an specific resolution code for an action of the workflow is selected?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924559) | asked Jan 29 '15, 2:41 p.m.
Lets say I have a RTC project, with a work item type "Defect".
Lets say also I want to make some of the attributes of the "Defect" WI required when a particular Resolution Code (RC) is selected for an action of the Defect workflow.
As an example: when you go from the "Closed" state to the "Validation Complete" state, the available RCs for selection are: "Won't Fix" and "Fixed".
a) If the RC selected is "Won't Fix" , then attributes "A" and "B" become mandatory.
b) If the RC selected is "Fixed" , then attributes "C" and "D" become mandatory.

Is that possible by using the Operation Behavior functionality that comes with Team Configuration of the Process Configuration? - or - Do I need an script for that?

Many thanks in advance.
Vicky

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 29 '15, 3:17 p.m.
the out of the box required field extension is on the State not the reason code.

one could write a server side plugin to get to the reason code level.

Comments
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented Jan 29 '15, 3:29 p.m.

When you say "the reason code", do you mean the "resolution code"?
And what do you mean by "a server side plugin"? I am not familiar with that kind of development.
Many thanks!
Vicky

sam detweiler commented Jan 29 '15, 3:31 p.m.

yes, resolution code.

many of the workitem attributes are not accessible from javascript extensions.
you do have full control from server side plugins

see https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.