It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deliver and Resolve work item moving work item to Open state (incorrectly) ... where to look?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jun 18 '13, 5:54 a.m.
We have an issue where we are somewhat stumped and need someone to point us in the right direction.

We have a customized work item with it's own workflow.  People can use this to deliver source and they noticed what when they use "Deliver and resolve work item" for this work item, the workflow moves it into "Open" state instead of to "TargetReady" (which is the one we want it in).

My assumption is that it moves it to Ready, but since Ready doesn't exist, RTC 'punts' and throws it into the original Open state.  Can someone confirm that?  If this is correct, is there any way to correct this OTHER than renaming the TargetReady state?  Is there any place to specify the action (or target state) for the Deliver and Resolve Work Item action specifically for this one work item (other work item types have different states to move them to when you deliver & resolve).

Thanks for any pointers you can provide.
Susan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jun 18 '13, 6:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, there is a transition that can be configured for the resolve action in the work item workflow editor. I would look there. The internal code for deliver and resolve tries to set this action, if it is reachable from the current state.

If this is configured correctly you should end up in the state you are expecting. If the resolve transition points to some other state in your workflow, you would see your pattern appear, as far as I can tell.
Susan Hanson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jun 18 '13, 7:58 a.m.

Oh DUH!  you'd think it was Friday!

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 18 '13, 8:11 a.m.

I am glad it was that easy. Things like that just happen.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 18 '13, 8:13 a.m.

And keep in mind the transition needs to be available in the current state. I don't think the operation searches a way through multiple states. I remember looking at the code and realizing it gives up if there is no resolve transition in the current state.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.