It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DCC Database configuration

Jorge Valdeiglesias (541823) | asked Jan 28 '15, 10:14 a.m.
I'm installing the Data Collection Component (DCC) in our CLM but I got stuck in the configuration part.

In the guideline says:
Remember: If you install Jazz Team Server with the Data Collection Component or other CLM applications on either the same computer or distributed platforms, a separate database and a DB user who is associated with that database must be created for each application. In addition, you must create a separate database for data warehouse.
We have a distributed environment working with an Oracle DB and DWH. Does these mean I have to create a new database and datawarehouse? Or should I create new tablespaces? Or maybe use the default Derby?

I couldn't find any example on how to deal with this situation, the guideline only use the Derby DB.

I think the problem is that I'm not undestanding quite well how the DCC works.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 28 '15, 10:29 a.m.
Hello Jorge,

in Oracle terms, I assume you will have a single instance with multiple database users:
- one for jts repository
- one for ccm repository
- one for rm repository
- one for qm repository
- one for the data warehouse

If you want to put dcc in the picture you need an additional database user dedicated to dcc, to own the tables and objects specific to the dcc configuration.

There's no need for a second data warehouse.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Jorge Valdeiglesias selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jorge Valdeiglesias commented Jan 28 '15, 1:24 p.m.

Ok, I just created the user and assigned DBA permissions to it on the Oracle server:

CREATE USER DCC_USER IDENTIFIED BY Passw0rd;
GRANT DBA TO dcc;
This allowed me to finish the configuration.

I didn't assigned a tablespace though like with the other application users
CREATE USER QM_DB_USER IDENTIFIED BY Passw0rd DEFAULT TABLESPACE QM QUOTA UNLIMITED ON QM TEMPORARY TABLESPACE QM_TEMP;
Thanks!

Francesco Chiossi commented Jan 29 '15, 4:30 a.m.

Hello Jorge,

the only consequence of not assigning a tablespace is that the objects for dcc will be created in the default tablespace (USERS). If this is not a concern for you or your DBA, functionally there is no problem.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.