It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

QM stopped tp save results of test runs after moving on different SQL server.

igor lyubin (131518) | asked Feb 25 '14, 7:25 a.m.
edited Feb 25 '14, 7:27 a.m.
 Hi all! I moved my databases to another MS SQL server (with exactly same configuration MSSQL 2008r2 std) and edit team.properties accordingly. CCM, JTS work pretty fine, WH is still on old server, but i have huge problems with QM. I've just created empty database and exported data there. 
"repotools-qm.bat verify" showed everything is ok. The only warning it showed was "peer not authenticated" - that's strange, because connection to SQL is successfull and our webpage is ok also.

So, the main problem is that QM doesn't save results of test run. The errors after running test case via RQMAdapter look like:
Error 1
>RQM [qm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-0 @@ 15:06] ERROR com.ibm.team.process                                - CRJAZ6001E ..
com.ibm.team.repository.common.RetryableDatabaseException: CRJAZ1318E The server can not connect to SQL server
Serialization failure
SQL: Update REPOSITORY.ITEM_CURRENTS WITH (ROWLOCK) Set STATE_UUID = ? Where ITEM_UUID = ? And STATE_UUID = ?
SQL Exception #1
SQL Message: Transaction (Process ID 53) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
SQL State: 40001
Error Code: 1205
Error 2
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.InternalRepositoryException: CRJAZ0447I Operator SQL isn't executed.Integrity constraint violation
SQL: INSERT INTO EXECUTION.EXECUTION_TASK_RESULT (STATE_ID, ITEM_ID, CONTEXT_ID, MODIFIED, MODIFIED_BY_ITEM_ID, ID, EXTERNAL_ID,  ..........................., JZ_DISCRIMINATOR) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, 59)
SQL Exception #1
SQL Message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'EXECUTION_RESULT_GROUP_PAUSING', table 'QM.EXECUTION.EXECUTION_TASK_RESULT'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
SQL State: 23000
Error Code: 515

Any suggestions?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Feb 26 '14, 3:46 a.m.
From the errors, there are some potential causes.

1) database disk/log transaction space is not enough > increase the space
2) database is in some stale state. You may want to run online verify tool against QM DB and see if you may find anything: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/L3DevTool
In particular, if there is any similar errors specified in the tool in which it also provides a solution.
Sometimes you may restart database and the issue would be gone.
3) database corrupted: you may want to ask support team to determine if that is the case as there are other trace can be turned on for that.
igor lyubin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
igor lyubin commented Mar 05 '14, 11:25 a.m.

Thx for so detailed answer. I restored database to solve this problem. Looks like you are right, it was corrupt. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.