It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG-RDM integation: Project association from RDM to RM fails with Status 400

Shinji Kanai (591014) | asked Jan 08 '15, 7:17 p.m.
edited Jan 08 '15, 7:25 p.m.
I have a 5.0.2 environment where CLM and Rhapsody DM are installed in a single JTS, migrated from 5.0. ‎I've just realised that every time I try to make a project association from a RDM project area to RM, an error occurs and the association will fail.

Error:
Add Association
Failed to read matching artifact container catalog resource:

Unable to load URL: /dm/proxy?uri=https://<hostname>:9443/rm/discovery/RMCatalog, Status: 400

I thought this problem was introduced as part of migration, but just in case tested with fresh installation (tomcat/derby/express-setup) and below is the result.

RSA-DM 502 (fresh) = association with DNG succeeded
RHP-DM 50 (fresh) = association with DNG  failed
‎RHP-DM 502 (fresh) = association with DNG failed

services.xml for dm (and GET call to dm/rootservices) contains the following entry.
<oslc_rm:rmServiceProviders rdf:resource="https://<hostname>/rm/oslc_rm/catalog" />

Question:
Why RHP-DM 5.* is accessing the old rm discover string (/rm/discovery/RMCatalog) at project association whereas RSA-DM 5.*  has no problem??? Both are integrated with the same version of RM that is RDNG5.0.2-I20141028_1800.

One answer

permanent link
Shinji Kanai (591014) | answered Jan 08 '15, 7:22 p.m.
I could workaround this problem by using Chrome (instead of FireFox 34.0.5). This could be a Rhapsody DM defect as RSA-DM 5.0.2 with FireFox 34.0.5 works just fine. Looks like there is a logical error at client-code to decide which discovery string to use and RHP-DM choose the old pre-406? string (RMCatalog) when invoked from FireFox.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.