It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Replace in ..." option in the pending changes panel in RTC

Vamsinag Gunti (611) | asked Jan 08 '15, 4:19 a.m.
Hi,

I am new to RTC and wanted to know what happens when we select the "Replace in ..." option in the pending changes panel when we right click on a component.

Does it by any chance replace the code in the repository with the code in my sandbox????

One answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jan 08 '15, 4:42 a.m.
edited Jan 08 '15, 4:49 a.m.
 Hi 

It Replaces stream contents with workspace or component contents. If the content of a stream is outdated or invalid, you can replace its content with your workspace or component content. You can replace the content of only the target stream.

Here is a link from RTC documentation:

/Shubjit

Comments
Vamsinag Gunti commented Jan 08 '15, 4:52 a.m.

Hi Shubjit,

Thanks for the early response.
I accidentally clicked on this option and selected yes!!

1. And now according to the link, it replaces the content of the stream with the one on my workspace!(which in my case is a disaster!!) If there were any incoming changes, would it have shown any conflicts?
2. Also how do I revert this now?? 

Shubjit Naik commented Jan 08 '15, 7:47 a.m.

Hi Vamsinag

You could check in the history of hte stream or specific component that you replaced to see what changesets have been included. Also have a quick check if there was any auto baseline created before your replace activity.

Shubjit Naik commented Jan 08 '15, 8:11 a.m.

From a local test on the JKE banking template (testing on latest milestone), when you do a "Replace in" it creates a baseline named "Backup before replace".

So you can replace the component with the baseline created to revert back.

Let me know how this works

Vamsinag Gunti commented Jan 08 '15, 8:20 a.m.

Hi Shubjit,

Yes there is a baseline that has been created. Is this like a back up of the previous environment?

Shubjit Naik commented Jan 08 '15, 8:46 a.m.

Hi Vamsinag

It is a baseline created prior to you Replace in operation. I suggest you do a compare to check what changes went in or out due to the Replace in operation.

You can revert the component to this backup baseline, but if there are changes delivered post the baseline, those would have to be reworked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.