It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions about working with document management systems and Jazz tools.

Keith Collyer (456511) | asked Nov 24 '14, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 16 '16, 11:49 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I have some questions about working with document management systems (DMS) and the Jazz tools. I know that a large number of organizations use DMS as their systems of record and wanted to understand exactly what they are doing with them. For example:
  • do they link Jazz artifacts to the DMS, or export the artifacts into it?
  • if the latter, do they maintain links between the original artifact and that in the DMS and if so how?
  • do they use any scripts or other mechanisms to do the export or linkage into Jazz?
  • do they use electronic signatures in the DMS?
Thanks

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 16 '16, 11:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Keith: How is the use of electronic signatures in the DMS related to an integration of the DMS with the Jazz tools?

Keith Collyer commented Jan 18 '16, 7:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Geoff. As some of our tools don't have electronic signatures implemented in a way that can be made compliant with 21 CFR Part 11 within the tools, one option is to integrate with a DMS and sign documents in that tool. We know that some customers of DOORS 9 (which can be used in a compliant manner) already do this. They want to use a single system of record, and they prefer to use the DMS.
So, if we can integrate with a DMS in such a way that material from the Jazz tools can be placed in the DMS in a simple way, we can provide a compliant electronic signature mechanism.
I was asking in the hope that people might come up with examples of real usage.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.