It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query the actual resolved date in a workitem (date moved from In-progress to Resolved status) rather than Closed date?

Anbarasu Arivoli (811828) | asked Nov 20 '14, 7:15 a.m.
edited Nov 20 '14, 7:17 a.m.
Dear Team,

Usually in a workitem, we have resolved status and closed status. The actual resolved date changes when the work item is closed and when we query for the resolved date it actually retrieves the items that are closed on that date.

Is there a way to query worktiems based on the actual resolved date?

Thank You
Anbarasu

Accepted answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Nov 20 '14, 7:21 a.m.
To my knowledge, there isn't an attribute that has this.  We have discussed attempting something similar by adding another attribute which gets set by a server-side plugin when the work item moves into the "resolved" state but then isn't affected when the work item is closed.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anbarasu Arivoli commented Nov 20 '14, 7:28 a.m.

This seems to be more related.

How about adding a new timestamp attribute namely "Resolved Date" and making it mandatory on status change to "Resolved" ? I hope this should reflect exactly what we wanted in the query and also reduces the server-side plugin effort.

But, do you have a option to retrieve the actual resolved date from history section and include it in new attribute "Resolved Date" for the old workitems? (Am I too ambitious?? ;) )

Thanks
Anbu

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 23 '14, 11:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You cannot define attributes that run a custom query on the database every time they are downloaded from the server ... that would kill performance.   But you can define attributes that are recomputed whenever the work item is saved (that is what the server-side follow-up action process extensions are for).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.