It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I pass properties values to JTSMon on the commandline?

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Mar 24 '14, 11:25 a.m.
 we keep having interruptions of our system with JTSMon running on it.  this disrupts the cycle interval we want 
(midnight to midnight)..

I can calculate how long this run should be for (have to reboot in a few minutes for some system patch), so it would be nice if I could pass this on the commandline to override the properties file. 

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dave Schlegel (331167) | answered Mar 24 '14, 11:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
JTSMon first processes the command and then the file=propertyFile command line arguments to initialize properties.

After that it  will process any remaining command line arguments in the form of name=value property values to override the property file.
sam detweiler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 24 '14, 11:44 a.m.

great!, thanks..

sam detweiler commented Mar 24 '14, 4:02 p.m.

and to do that in Windows (run til 3 mins past midnight)

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion
set HOUR=!time:~0,2!
set MINS=!time:~3,2!
set /a runtime = 1443 -  !HOUR!*60  + !MINS! 
java -jar JTSMon.jar monitor ... other parms...  SEQ_RUN_LENGTH_ARG="!runtime!m"

One other answer

permanent link
Dave Schlegel (331167) | answered Mar 24 '14, 11:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
JTSMon first processes the command and then the file=propertyFile command line arguments to initialize properties.

After that it  will process any remaining command line arguments in the form of name=value property values to override the property file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.