It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Word Exporter doesn't export test case custom attribute

Natalia Trofimov (391714) | asked Nov 13 '14, 12:52 p.m.
I have a word document with the test case and the test script. The word exporter doesn't export the value to the custom attribute. it works if I export it from excel file with no problem. Also, I don't see any entry for a custom attribute in the xml file if i export to a file using word exporter. Is it supported to export the test case custom attribute with the linked test script?

from excel config file that works:
testcase.customAttributes identifier="Test_Case_Number".name="Test Case Number".value=B4

from the word config file that doesn't work
testcase.customAttributes identifier="Test_Case_Number".name="Test Case Number".Table(1).B4

Comments
Natalia Trofimov commented Nov 13 '14, 1:43 p.m.

sorry. missed the "value=" in line from the word config file. it should read:
testcase.customAttributes identifier="Test_Case_Number".type="SMALL_STRING".name="Test Case Number".value =Table(1).B4

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Nov 17 '14, 1:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Natalia,

Currently we dont support custom attribute export from Word Importer. This facility is only available in Excel Importer
Please open an RFE if it is required for your project.

Thanks
Natalia Trofimov selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Natalia Trofimov commented Nov 17 '14, 10:14 a.m.

Thank you Reshma!

Natalia Trofimov commented Nov 17 '14, 5:27 p.m.

Hi Reshma,

I have another issue with word importer.  when I import the custom attribute from word to the test script, it results in double attribute entry.

I found the defect below but it looks like it was fixed in 4.0.4 and we are in 4.0.4. is it any work around for this issue?

Thanks,

Natalia

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=90204

Natalia Trofimov commented Nov 17 '14, 5:28 p.m.

correction: we are in 4.0.3

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.