It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Limit visibility of Release in a PA?

Leonid Guelsinov (623) | asked Nov 05 '14, 9:52 a.m.
edited Nov 07 '14, 5:48 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I am using  4.0.4.
In the Project Area Management page in "Manage This Project Area" there is a way to configure "Releases".
This is the table defining the list of names that can be selected when filling a new defect in the "Found In" field.

There is a "Restrict Visibility" check-box, that can be selected to make the release visible to only team members.

This is the explanation there in the page:
"Define the releases of the project for which work items can be reported. Each release can be configured to be visible to members of the team only (Restrict Visibility)."

The question:
    What does "Team" mean here? which "team"? I mean to which team's team members the visibility is being restricted?

Comments
Leonid Guelsinov commented Nov 06 '14, 6:14 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 06 '14, 11:44 p.m.
the help text is a little more specific

"If you limit the visibility of the release, the value in the Visibility column cell for that release is Project Internal. If you do not limit the visibility, the value is Public, meaning that all users in the Jazz™ repository can see it."

so the 'limited to Project or team members" is bad text, it should say "limits access to only members of this project"

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 07 '14, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 06 '14, 6:47 a.m.
As far as I know you can only limit the visibility to releases in a way that users not being a member of the project area or a team area within can not see certain releases.

Comments
Leonid Guelsinov commented Nov 06 '14, 1:52 p.m.

I am afraid that the answer is not really adding additional clarity. 

It is clear that "team" is a PA or a TA. 

The question is which  PA or TA?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 07 '14, 2:13 a.m.

The Project Area the release is defined in, obviously. If it is restricted you need to be member of the Project Area or a member of a nested team area to see it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.