It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Isn't "Collection Selection" window suppose to display requirements artifacts when folder selected

Stuart Jewell (16915) | asked Nov 04 '14, 6:05 p.m.
I'm trying to use the "Requirements Collection Links" from my test plan to add requirements collections.  But when I select "Add New Links" button and subsequently select a requirements folder in right pane, no requirements appear in left pane and "0 matches" is displayed.   I can link a requirements module from RRC by entering module and selecting Module Links -> Validated By.  Why do requirement artifacts not display when selecting "Add New Links" and folder from filter by folder from RQM test plan?  See attached image. Can anyone shed light on this?

Comments
Stuart Jewell commented Nov 04 '14, 6:06 p.m.

sorry...no image...I apparently don't have a reputation > 60.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Nov 05 '14, 9:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Stuart,

Which version of CLM are you using? I tried this in a v5.0 environment and it seems to work for me. 

For clarification, when you are attempting to "Add new links" from the  "Requirement Collection Links" section in an RQM Test Plan, the only artifacts which appear in the artifact picker form will be of type "Collection". In RRC/DNG, Collection is a type of artifact which maintains a list of Requirements, so when using an RQM Test Plan it makes sense to link to a *set* of Requirements instead of individual Requirement artifacts. If you are looking to link to individual Requirements from RQM to RRC, then you may need to use a Test Case to maintain these links (see "Requirement Links" section in a Test Case).

Does this answer your question? I hope this helps!
Mike Jaworski
Stuart Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stuart Jewell commented Nov 05 '14, 12:43 p.m.

What I discovered was that I needed to select the project level folder (top level) and not the sub-folders (which are the module folders - selecting these returns nothing).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.