It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I configure which plan views are displayed when creating plans in multiple timelines with inheritance enabled?

Henrik Sloth (48514) | asked Oct 30 '14, 10:58 a.m.

I have a Master Project Area from which a number of child projects inherits their process. A specific project is rather large and uses a number of timelines assigned to different teams. When creating a sprint plan in one of these timelines, the plan views available are not the ones from the Master PA.

I have tried to ignore the inheritance to edit the plan views on the specific project. In here I am able to see all the created plan views across the PA. Some of the IDs are the same. It seems I have one plan view that is promoted and from the Master, but that I have a 'local' one with the same ID also.

Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Henrik Sloth (48514) | answered Jan 06 '15, 3:57 a.m.

We have had some problems with our own ‘plan views’ after upgrading to 5.0.1 and needed to edit those to make them look like they did before the upgrade. We use a Master Project Area from which the other PAs inherit ‘plan views’. The procedure below can be used to ‘publish’ changes to all child ‘plan views’.

1.     Change the Master Project Area ’plan view’ you need to edit and save it. The newly saved ‘plan view’ appears with the same name and id (not UUID).

2.     Remove the promoted ‘plan view’ from the ‘plan type’ association.

3.     Delete the promoted ‘plan view’ from the Master Project Area.

4.     Promote the edited ‘plan view’ from the Master Project Area and add a ‘plan type’ association.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.