It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Total number of active JAZZ users by license type

Barb I (71910) | asked Oct 28 '14, 4:57 p.m.

We are on CLM 4.0.6 and using floating licenses with SQL Server DBs

Occasionally I'm asked how many active users there are by license type -

ie) How many active users with access to a Quality Professional Floating License

OR RTC Developer Floating License

Basically management wants to know how many users are setup by license type. Not for a particular RQM or RTC Project and not the total of all Projects, and not the number of floating licenses for each license type.

I've looked around in SQL and can't find a way to get the information directly from there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Oct 29 '14, 8:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Barb
Have you looked at what this page shows:  https://<serverhostname>:<port>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.manageLicenses

If that doesn't help, please try to rephrase your question. I have read it a few times including your reply above and I'm still not sure what you are looking for by "active".

The screenshot below shows that I have 1936 floating practitioner licenses assigned.

Barb I selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 29 '14, 6:52 a.m.
Please see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/tmonitorfloatlic.html.

permanent link
Barb I (71910) | answered Oct 29 '14, 7:38 a.m.

Thanks for your reply, Paul but it isn't what I'm looking for.

I think that it has to do with the word 'active'. When I typed active I didn't mean that they were currently using the license but that the account was not deactivated.

Management wants to know how many accounts are setup and not archived for a specific license type.

permanent link
Barb I (71910) | answered Oct 29 '14, 9:58 a.m.

The screenshot is showing the number of floating licenses available. That's not what I'm looking for.

Here's more detail.

I go to the JTS Admin page and click on the wheele icon at the top right and select Manage Users.

That takes me to a page of Active (not archived) users.

Here I can add new Active Users, Archive Users, and update existing users email address, access to licenses, etc.

At the very top it says that it's showing 1 - 50 of 1000 users.

My question is:

Of those 1000 Active (not archived) users how many could use an RTC Developer floating license, with the understanding that there is a maximum that could use that license at the same time which is determined by the total number of floating licenses we've purchased. That is not the point. I'm asking how many are setup by virtue of the fact that there's a check box to the left of that license type in that users profile.

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Oct 29 '14, 10:36 a.m.

No, that column is for floating licenses assigned.  That number matches what I see on this page as well https://<serverhostname>:<port>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.manageUserCALs&licenseType=com.ibm.team.clm.practitioner.floating

So, in my server, I have 1936 floating practitioner licenses assigned.

Barb I commented Oct 29 '14, 10:46 a.m.

I'm an idiot. Sorry.  You are 100% correct. That is exactly what I needed.

THANK YOU

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.