It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are key files in CLM406 and does it need to be copied over to 501 after upgrade ?

anoop mc (74811192221) | asked Oct 27 '14, 5:22 a.m.
 Hi,

We have recently upgraded the CLM from 406 to 501 and after running all the upgrade scripts could see that the application was not loading, instead it was throwing page cannot be displayed.

having looked at the tomcat log files we could make out the below files are missing.

Checked the previous version and could find those. Copying it over and restating the servers started rendering web pages.

JTSServer512E.bdr
JTSServer512E.crq
abc-team-ssl.jks
abc-team-ssl.jks.qer

No where in the upgrade document or any articles I found such a reference. Can someone explain what these keys are for ? 

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 27 '14, 5:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume that these are index files. The index files are mentioned in the documentation and the documentation also mentions you should have changed the index file locations to an absolute path (ideally outside the location you install the server to). I recall, I had mentioned that in your previous questions.

The index file location is in the teamserver.properties files.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811192221) | answered Oct 27 '14, 5:44 a.m.
Regarding index files it was mentioned in the documentation and I have copied to the new install location before running upgrade scripts.
Below is what I could see in the index file.

index_file_loc

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 27 '14, 6:01 a.m.

Dependent on the application there are multiple index file locations, especially if you started with 2.x or 3.x. For RTC currently there are

com.ibm.team.jfs.index.root.directory
com.ibm.team.fulltext.indexLocation

The suggestion is to place the index files into a location that is outside of the server install folder with an absolute path. This way you don't have to copy them. And you don't accidentally delete them. They are also required for backups.

I don't recognize the files you mention above. Where are they stored?

Dependent on what system setup you have, there are also key files (e.g. ssl certificates for the app server) that need to be brought over. This is documented in the related infrastructure tools.

anoop mc commented Oct 27 '14, 6:12 a.m. | edited Oct 27 '14, 6:13 a.m.

I found these files stored in Tomcat directory

As you mention these are ssl certificates for the app server

E:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer406\server\tomcat 
JTSServer512E.bdr
JTSServer512E.crq
abc-team-ssl.jks
abc-team-ssl.jks.qer

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 27 '14, 6:19 a.m.

The last two files could be key files.

I don't recognize the other files. I certainly don't have them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.