It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while trying to import requirements from csv

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | asked Oct 20 '14, 1:20 p.m.
I have imported countless of csv files and I'm very well aware of the details needed to import a csv file (e.g.: pure csv, UTF-8, etc). However, now I'm getting the error below and I have no idea how to fix it:

The comma-separated values (CSV) file cannot be imported.
hide details
ID CRRRW7571E  The file does not meet the requirements to be imported. For example, one or more rows might contain a type that is not found in the type system. Update the file, the project type system, or both. To learn more about the CSV format and importing CSV files, see the help system.
Errors were received while importing the CSV file:

Validation Errors:
Row Number: 13
Error Message: CRRRS4212E The server encountered an exception : com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.rrs.importer.csv.InvalidCsvException: "CRRRS4204E Stream does not conform to RFC4180 formatting rules."

From a ux/design perspective, it's important to tell the user how to fix the problem. Unfortunately, this error message does not help me fix my problem.

One answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Oct 20 '14, 1:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Eduardo,

What version of RRC are you using? This sounds similar to a defect which was fixed in version 4.0.6: Artifact import wizard fails to process CSV requirements in Spanish - defensive code for RM 4.0.6 (80569). In that defect, there was a translation issue which prevented the CSV Import from identifying Types properly when using a non-English browser locale, which caused the Import operation would fail. If you are using a version of RRC prior to 4.0.6, I would suggest that you set up a 4.0.6 test server and try this out to see if the problem is resolve there.

Hope this helps!
Mike Jaworski

Comments
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva commented Oct 20 '14, 2:19 p.m.

Hi, Mike.

The content is in English. Please check the version below. Thanks for the reply.

Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries: 4.0.6 (RJF-I20140130-1407)
Requirements Management - Core Libraries: 4.0.6 (I20140203_1432)

Mike Jaworski commented Oct 20 '14, 2:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Eduardo, thanks for the information. Could you please check the RRC application log files (rm.log) to see if anything gets logged during the timeframe when you attempt to import the CSV file? If there is anything in the logs, this might give us more information about the cause of the error.

Thanks,
Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.