It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I link requirements artefacts to a RTC task?

Martin McAuley (1721633) | asked Oct 20 '14, 7:03 a.m.
An analyst is assigned a RTC task describing their work. The analyst creates various RRC artefacts to satisfy the task i.e. requirements, collections, modules. How does the analyst then link these artefacts to the RTC task to allow the task reviewer to see the relevant RRC artefacts?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 20 '14, 7:14 a.m.
You can use predefined link types that indicate specific 2-way relationships between the linked requirements, such as satisfies/satisfied by, illustrates/illustrated by, extracted/extracted from, and more.

Comments
Martin McAuley commented Oct 20 '14, 7:39 a.m.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think the link types you mention are only for artefacts within the RRC application, we need to link to an RTC work item task. We have enabled all associations between RRC and RTC and the only link types we can see are 'Tracked By' and 'Implemented By'. The latter is only relevant for e.g. a story that actually implements the requirement, leaving 'Tracked By' - would this be the link type to use? Also how to we similarly link collections and modules to the RTC task?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.