It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Auto tagging of artifacts

Terry Dupuis (834) | asked Apr 15 '14, 2:23 p.m.
edited Apr 15 '14, 11:45 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Can you automatically add tags to artifacts as they're created? If so, at what levels (i.e., project, folder, etc)?

Comments
Håkan Kristiansson commented Apr 16 '14, 7:15 a.m.

It's probably not possible to do this, not even when making use of artifact templates.

May I ask why you would like to have this possibility? In general I think it's better to make use of attributes in a cases like this but that without knowing exactly what you want to achieve..

Terry Dupuis commented Apr 16 '14, 10:23 a.m.

Our organization uses a folder strucutre that has a main project that holds many smaller projects. For example:

MainDeliveryGroup (this is the project level)
-->Project1
---->Folder1a
---->Folder1b
-->Project2
---->Folder2a
---->Folder2b

When creating an artefact for use under "Folder2a" or "Folder2b"  it would be nice to auto tag it with the project name ("Project2").

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ted Mayer (47649) | answered Apr 16 '14, 10:29 a.m.

Hello Terry,

An similar RFE has been previously submitted, you can subscribe and place additional comments to the RFE.

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=80568

Terry Dupuis selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.