It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Viewing artifacts within a folder

Upendra Acharya (144) | asked Sep 21 '12, 6:13 a.m.

I am using RRC 4.0 and I am facing viewing artifacts problem.
In particular folders under project area, I can not view the artifacts within the folder which are already created.
It shows the no of artifacts as per page size on status bar.
If I create new artifact, i can see it but if I refresh or change display column settings, it vanishes.

however other folders are working fine and display previous as well as newly created artifacts.
Can someone help in this?

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Sep 21 '12, 6:33 a.m.
 Do you have any issues with your JTS indices? From my experience all of the folder content is generated through the indices, so if they are corrupt or otherwise broke, they will cause random folders/artifacts to stop appearing.

Take a look at the jts.log file and see if there are any messages relating to the indexes needing to be rebuilt, etc.

Comments
Upendra Acharya commented Sep 21 '12, 6:45 a.m.

I tried looking into jts.log file but there are no messages relating to indices needing rebuild. There are message like "Triple indexer for private applications has started" which are info msgs but no message related to rebuild. Any other clue?

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Sep 21 '12, 7:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On the grid view there is a page size 20,30,40 and 50. Do you have more artifacts than the page size?

I ask because by default new artifacts will appear at the top of the first page but if you press refresh they are then sorted by ID and will move to the last page, if you have more artifacts than can be shown on a single page. This sounds similar to the above behaviour.

Or is it that the requirement is gone?

If it is not gone but on the last page, the sort order can be changed by clicking on the last modified column.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.