It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error when trying to select iteration

New User (15210) | asked Oct 03 '14, 3:08 p.m.

I get a 'No project timeline available. A timeline must be configured as the project timeline', when I try to broswe and select a parent iteration ( Test Plan -> Test Schedules ) . Also, all the previously created test plans do not have the test schedules.

Please let me know if anyone had such issues earlier and the resolution to fix this issue, thanks in advance. 

Comments
Robert Wen commented Oct 04 '14, 12:28 p.m.

Can you provide some more context?  Are you looking at a project that was in RQM before and then an upgrade or migration happened? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Oct 05 '14, 11:30 p.m.
The message suggests that either the default timeline is archived or the project timeline setting is unchecked.
You can go to RQM admin page to check if you have timeline there and if it is set as project timeline. You may want to restore from archived if any or set any existing timeline as project timeline to test again.

New User selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
New User commented Oct 06 '14, 10:18 a.m.

I created a timeline in the Project Area.
When I go to the test plan and select test schedules - Select Parent Iteration: and click Browse
I get the :No project timeline available. A timeline must be configured as the project timeline.Associated Timeline: None message

Please note that no RQM upgrade happened and the test schedules for the previously created test plan also do not appear.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Don Yang commented Oct 06 '14, 9:09 p.m. | edited Oct 06 '14, 9:10 p.m.

Do you mean even though you select "Use this timeline as the project timeline"(see the screenshot in my answer where I highlighted) when creating a timeline in the project area and save it, you still see the same error message?
I tested here and only when I don't have any Project timeline specified in the timeline section, I would see the same errors as yours. Please can you have a double check? Thanks

New User commented Oct 15 '14, 7:57 a.m.

The project timeline setting was unchecked, I checked it and it resolved the issues.

One other answer

permanent link
New User (15210) | answered Oct 14 '14, 4:34 p.m.
The project timeline setting was unchecked, I checked it and it resolved the issues, thanks all for your help.

Comments
Don Yang commented Oct 15 '14, 5:53 a.m.

thanks for update and it's good to know setting project timeline helps.
If that resolves the issue, please accept the answer so that it will conclude this post and won't be a part of any users who query the post with no accepted answer. thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.