It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to extract DOORs 9.5/RQM 4.0.6 Requirement coverage from Cognos RRDI reports?

Una Ramsay (1101918) | asked Sep 09 '14, 6:33 a.m.
edited Sep 09 '14, 2:07 p.m. by Michelle De Armas (2612)
 I have DOORs 9.5 and RQM 4.0.6

Prior to migrating to this from DOORs 9.3 and RQM 3, I had Cognos RRDI custom reports which queried the DataWarehouse for Requirements, Test Cases and Results and created various reports

However, after the migration, Requirements are Requirements Collection Links instead so these reports no longer return any requirements data.

I am now struggling to find documentation on the structure of the DataWarehouse

The earlier reports could, for example, query on RequirementName and RequirementRelatedTestPlanName. 

However now I cannot find any information in the DataWarehouse which relates the new requirements (i.e. requirements collection links) to either test plans or test cases.

has anyone managed to do this or can anyone please point me to the appropriate documentation on it?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Sep 09 '14, 7:24 a.m.
Hello Una,

my understanding is that if you want to have data on DOORS requirements in the Data Warehouse you need to use Rational Insight to run the ETL with Data Manager, and configure it to pull the data from DOORS; see:

Integrating Rational DOORS and Rational Insight
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYQBZ_9.6.0/com.ibm.rational.doors.integrating.doc/topics/t_insight_integ.html

I'm not sure how this was working with RQM 3/DOORS 9.3, but on recent releases the DOORS ETL mechanism has changed.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Una Ramsay commented Sep 09 '14, 8:23 a.m.

Hi Francesco

Thanks very much for the reply. 

However this link refers to DOORs 9.6 while I am still on DOORs 9.5

With the earlier versions, there was only really a reference to a requirement (i.e. the DOORs reference in the form <reqNo>:<reqModule> in the DataWarehouse, but it was at least linked to the test cases.

At the moment I can see the requirements in the data warehouse but I cannot find any linkage between the requirements and test cases/test plans e.g. the new equivalent of  Requirement Related Test Plan Name  

Francesco Chiossi commented Sep 09 '14, 8:34 a.m.

Hello Una,

this is the matching link for DOORS 9.5:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYQBZ_9.5.0/com.ibm.rational.doors.integrating.doc/topics/t_insight_integ.html

The integration is the same as the one described in 9.6.

I think the difference is that now DOORS has been integrated in the CLM ETL, so the requirement data is expected to be populated completely by the DOORS ETL.

In earlier versions the CLM ETL for Insight didn't include the DOORS part, so probably the requirement data items and links were populated with what was known to RQM of the DOORS requirement.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.