Jenkins Code to Connect to RTC to fetch Build Definition
Hello Everyone,
I am writing a Jenkins plug-in to connect to Rational Team concert to validate and fetch source code from a Build Definition. In order to do this, I would require User ID and password as input from the user. I would like to know if there is any API for RTC which would perform this task?
Any inputs would be extremely helpful.
I am writing a Jenkins plug-in to connect to Rational Team concert to validate and fetch source code from a Build Definition. In order to do this, I would require User ID and password as input from the user. I would like to know if there is any API for RTC which would perform this task?
Any inputs would be extremely helpful.
One answer
there is no 'direct' api to get the list of build engines or build definitions.. you use query for that
here is a routine I wrote to get the build definitions in a project. I assume you know how to use the plainjava api to logon, etc..
private static ArrayList<IBuildDefinition> getBuildDefinitionsforProjectArea(
IProjectAreaHandle iprja)
{
Boolean allProperties = true;
// allocate space for results
ArrayList<IBuildDefinition> allbe = new ArrayList<IBuildDefinition>();
ITeamRepository repo = (ITeamRepository) iprja.getOrigin();
// get the data interface
ITeamBuildClient buildClient = (ITeamBuildClient) repo.getClientLibrary(ITeamBuildClient.class);
try
{
IBuildDefinitionQueryModel queryModel = IBuildDefinitionQueryModel.ROOT;
// create a query for build engines
IItemQuery query = IItemQuery.FACTORY.newInstance(queryModel);
// objects of build engine type
IPredicate isBuildDefType = queryModel._isTypeOf(IBuildDefinition.ITEM_TYPE);
// allocate space for the parameter
IItemHandleInputArg[] itemHandleArgs = new IItemHandleInputArg[] { query.newItemHandleArg() };
// the query filter
IPredicate filter = ((BuildDefinitionQueryModel) queryModel).processArea()._in(itemHandleArgs);
// set the combined filter
query.filter(filter._and(isBuildDefType));
// no parameters required
IItemQueryPage queryPage = buildClient.queryItems(query,
// com.ibm.team.repository.common.service.IQueryService.EMPTY_PARAMETERS,
new Object[] { iprja }, IQueryService.ITEM_QUERY_MAX_PAGE_SIZE, null);
// if there are build definitions defined
if (queryPage.getResultSize() != 0)
{
while (queryPage != null)
{
IFetchResult fetchResult = null;
if (allProperties == true)
{
fetchResult = repo.itemManager().fetchCompleteItemsPermissionAware(queryPage.getItemHandles(), IItemManager.DEFAULT, null);
}
else
{
// print out a page of IDs of the retrieved build
// engines
final String[] all_properties = new String[] {
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_ACTIVE,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_BUILD_ENGINE_ACTIVITY,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_DESCRIPTION,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_ENGINE_CONTACT_INTERVAL,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_ID,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_PROCESS_AREA,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_SUPPORTED_BUILD_DEFINITIONS,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_SUPPORTS_CANCELLATION,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_USE_TEAM_SCHEDULER,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_PROPERTIES,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_CONFIGURATION_ELEMENTS };
fetchResult = repo.itemManager().fetchPartialItemsPermissionAware(queryPage.getItemHandles(), IItemManager.DEFAULT, Arrays.asList(all_properties), null);
}
// add these to the list
allbe.addAll(fetchResult.getRetrievedItems());
if (queryPage.hasNext())
{
queryPage = (IItemQueryPage) buildClient.fetchPage(queryPage.getToken(), queryPage.getNextStartPosition(), queryPage.getSize(), null);
}
else
{
queryPage = null;
}
}
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
System.out.println("build exception=" + ex.getMessage());
}
return allbe;
}
here is a routine I wrote to get the build definitions in a project. I assume you know how to use the plainjava api to logon, etc..
private static ArrayList<IBuildDefinition> getBuildDefinitionsforProjectArea(
IProjectAreaHandle iprja)
{
Boolean allProperties = true;
// allocate space for results
ArrayList<IBuildDefinition> allbe = new ArrayList<IBuildDefinition>();
ITeamRepository repo = (ITeamRepository) iprja.getOrigin();
// get the data interface
ITeamBuildClient buildClient = (ITeamBuildClient) repo.getClientLibrary(ITeamBuildClient.class);
try
{
IBuildDefinitionQueryModel queryModel = IBuildDefinitionQueryModel.ROOT;
// create a query for build engines
IItemQuery query = IItemQuery.FACTORY.newInstance(queryModel);
// objects of build engine type
IPredicate isBuildDefType = queryModel._isTypeOf(IBuildDefinition.ITEM_TYPE);
// allocate space for the parameter
IItemHandleInputArg[] itemHandleArgs = new IItemHandleInputArg[] { query.newItemHandleArg() };
// the query filter
IPredicate filter = ((BuildDefinitionQueryModel) queryModel).processArea()._in(itemHandleArgs);
// set the combined filter
query.filter(filter._and(isBuildDefType));
// no parameters required
IItemQueryPage queryPage = buildClient.queryItems(query,
// com.ibm.team.repository.common.service.IQueryService.EMPTY_PARAMETERS,
new Object[] { iprja }, IQueryService.ITEM_QUERY_MAX_PAGE_SIZE, null);
// if there are build definitions defined
if (queryPage.getResultSize() != 0)
{
while (queryPage != null)
{
IFetchResult fetchResult = null;
if (allProperties == true)
{
fetchResult = repo.itemManager().fetchCompleteItemsPermissionAware(queryPage.getItemHandles(), IItemManager.DEFAULT, null);
}
else
{
// print out a page of IDs of the retrieved build
// engines
final String[] all_properties = new String[] {
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_ACTIVE,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_BUILD_ENGINE_ACTIVITY,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_DESCRIPTION,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_ENGINE_CONTACT_INTERVAL,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_ID,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_PROCESS_AREA,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_SUPPORTED_BUILD_DEFINITIONS,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_SUPPORTS_CANCELLATION,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_USE_TEAM_SCHEDULER,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_PROPERTIES,
IBuildEngine.PROPERTY_CONFIGURATION_ELEMENTS };
fetchResult = repo.itemManager().fetchPartialItemsPermissionAware(queryPage.getItemHandles(), IItemManager.DEFAULT, Arrays.asList(all_properties), null);
}
// add these to the list
allbe.addAll(fetchResult.getRetrievedItems());
if (queryPage.hasNext())
{
queryPage = (IItemQueryPage) buildClient.fetchPage(queryPage.getToken(), queryPage.getNextStartPosition(), queryPage.getSize(), null);
}
else
{
queryPage = null;
}
}
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
System.out.println("build exception=" + ex.getMessage());
}
return allbe;
}
Comments
Winston Enos
Sep 08 '14, 3:14 p.m.