It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What Dependencies does the Quick Planner have on the Process Configuration?

Nate Decker (37814161) | asked Dec 27 '18, 12:36 p.m.

Historically our users have not used the Quick Planner feature, but there has been a recent increase in interest in this aspect of the tool. As we've been trying to use it, we've discovered that many of our projects cannot get it to work. The symptoms are that they will select a menu option like "Backlog" or "Iterations" and there will be a spinning progress wheel indicator, but it never stops spinning and finishing loading. The work items are never displayed.

I suspect this may be a result of how the process area is configured. We have another process area template that seems to work for any project area that inherits from that process. I'm trying to understand if there are any particular process area elements that need to be configured in a particular way in order for this to work correctly. I've done a search for this, but haven't been able to find any information that speaks to it. Most of the articles that come up seem to be primarily concerned with how to use the Quick Planner with the assumption that it will just be working.

If I were to put this question another way, it would be: Are there any dependencies between the Quick Planner feature and the Planning configuration of the project's Process Configuration?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.