It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 4.04 - Fail to create a project template

Raz Dotan (2611013) | asked Aug 19 '14, 3:52 a.m.

Hi,

I'm trying to copy one project area from production to a demo environment, by creating a project template.

I selected the following options:

1. Artifacts

There are about 10,000 artifact in the DB and from some strange reason I get the message :

"An error occurred while performing the process.
ID CRRRW7355E The server operation to report progress on the operation reported an error.
Any idea?
Thanks
Raz

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Aug 19 '14, 9:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe you are encountering a size limit for project template creation of 10,000 resources. Normally I would expect to see an error message like the following, though that might only be visible when using Firebug or by checking the logs:

CRRRS4227E  There are too many resources to be included in a project template.  Please reduce the number of Artifacts or Artifact Types requested to be included from project

You can "override" this limit by placing the server in debug mode.
   Use the following steps to place the server in debug mode. Once the template
   has been created, the server should be taken out of debug mode.
      1. While logged in as a JazzAdmin user, go to: https://{host:port}/rm/rmadmin
      2. Select the Advanced Properties section
      3. Locate the 'com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.debug.enabled' property
      4. Change the value to true (to enable) or false (to disable)
      5. Press the corresponding Update Property button

Note that the limit actually depends on the release you are using. What I described above is true for 4.0.3, but the limits are higher in 4.0.6. I don't have the specifics of which release used which limits, but I can find out if you like if you let me know which version you are using.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.