It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Indexed artifacts for LQE

Kunal N (872361) | asked Dec 17 '15, 7:14 a.m.
edited Dec 17 '15, 7:16 a.m.
Hi All,

I want to know how much time does it take for (indexed)artifacts to appear in LQE. I have created a requirement in DNG when I try to search the requirement ID in LQE that requirement is not getting displayed in LQE, I can search the requirements that I had created 10- 15 days ago.

I want to know how much time does it take for artifacts to appear in LQE...?

Thank you,
Kunal

One answer

permanent link
ian green (17814) | answered Dec 19 '15, 12:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Kunal

There are two stages to get new requirements indexed into LQE so that you can query for them:

The first stage is that DNG makes those newly created artefacts available in its TRS.  This is unlikely to take more than a couple of seconds, even on a loaded server.

The second stage is that LQE must inspect the DNG TRS, looking for changes. LQE does this periodically, for all its configured data sources.  DNG must be one of those data sources.  The LQE administrator can configure the frequency of this polling, but it's normally the order of a minute.

If an artefact is not being indexed after several hours or days, I would speculate that LQE is not configured correctly.  You can use the LQE admin pages to confirm that DNG is a data source, and to find out the health of that data source.  That would give you more information to track down the problem.

cheers
-ian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.