It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade version 1.0 RQM to version 1.0.1.1 RQM

Mark Ireland (26125748) | asked Apr 30 '09, 10:36 a.m.
Hi,

How do I do this upgrade without using installation manager?
I have RQM installed into WAS, so the installed directories are no longer valid for IM to use.

I understand there is a way to migrate the database with repotool.

Regards

Mark

2 answers

permanent link
Justin Kutticherry (161) | answered May 05 '09, 5:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Mark,

You can still use the IM to upgrade even if you modified the default install directory to work in WAS. Here are some instructions I put together when upgrading from 1.0 to 1.0.1:

1.) Stop the RQM 1.0 jazz.war and help.war files and un-install them from WAS.
2.) Stop the WAS server.
3.) Delete the jazz_war and help_war folders under the /<WAS>/<ProfileName>/temp/<node>/<server>/ directory.
4.) Backup your RQM repository database according to your database vendor backup procedure.
5.) Using the IBM Installation Manager's "Update" feature, upgrade RQM from 1.0 to 1.0.1.
6.) Start the WAS server
7.) Install the RQM 1.0.1 jazz.war and help.war files in WAS and configure them using the exact same procedures as was done in the previous version.
8.) Navigate to https://<host>:9443/jazz/web/console/
9.) Import the Server Activation Key as well as the Client Access Licenses.
10.) Update the reports using the RQM Administration Client.
11.) Navigate to https://<host>:9443/jazz/web/console/QM and begin working in RQM 1.0.1.

To find more information on the manual procedure (e.g. using repotools to export/import your data instead of having the IM do it for you) check out the online help under "Installing and upgrading > Installing Rational Quality Manager > Installing Rational Quality Manager
Updating to v1.0.1 (manual database migration)"

permanent link
Mark Ireland (26125748) | answered May 06 '09, 11:39 a.m.
Hi,

I actually did it thus :-

Created a brand new project in WAS at the new version.
From the old did a repotools -export
When I got to the stage of normally creating tables on the new, just did a repotools -import.

The rest was standard. One warning, as i went from none LDAP to LDAP as well, make sure you have your user set up prior to export, else I suspect it will not work.

Ta

Mark.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.