It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM REST API: imported artifacts do no show up in RQM UI

Daniel Rippa (673) | asked Mar 16 '10, 11:55 a.m.
I'm using the RQM REST API to import/export artifacts using GET and POST methods and intermediate xml files saved to the file system.
The POST method gives me back the id for the new artifacts, and using the resource feed I can see the new artifacts listed with their new id.
But these new artifacts don't show up in the RQM UI.
Any ideas?

3 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Mar 16 '10, 12:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm using the RQM REST API to import/export artifacts using GET and POST methods and intermediate xml files saved to the file system.
The POST method gives me back the id for the new artifacts, and using the resource feed I can see the new artifacts listed with their new id.
Any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is related, but there was a defect regarding the same symptom (but for execution results) that was fixed in 2.0.0.1. See:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PK96892
What version of RQM are you running?

permanent link
Daniel Rippa (673) | answered Mar 17 '10, 8:14 a.m.
Any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is related, but there was a defect regarding the same symptom (but for execution results) that was fixed in 2.0.0.1. See:
I'm using RQM 2.0.0.1, and I noticed this for most artifacts. Maybe there's a certain workflow that must be followed, or dependencies between artifacts that must be honored for them to be shown in the UI? The API doesn't clarify this.

permanent link
Nicolas Constans (22723) | answered Mar 17 '10, 8:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Any ideas?

I'm using RQM 2.0.0.1, and I noticed this for most artifacts. Maybe there's a certain workflow that must be followed, or dependencies between artifacts that must be honored for them to be shown in the UI? The API doesn't clarify this.

Hello,

As far as I know, using the 2.0.0.1 iFix 004 version, the UI is able to display the artifacts created using the REST API.

Could you make sure that, in the UI, you are looking at the same project area as the one in which you created the artifacts?

Regards,

-Nicolas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.