It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving Test Cases/Scripts between Projects

Bob Zurn (61162) | asked Apr 29 '09, 3:38 p.m.
RQM 1.0.0 supported one Project (Quality Manager). RQM 1.0.1 supports multiple Projects. How can I move a Test Case/Script from one Project to another?

6 answers

permanent link
lu lu (7122) | answered Apr 29 '09, 10:34 p.m.
RQM 1.0.0 supported one Project (Quality Manager). RQM 1.0.1 supports multiple Projects. How can I move a Test Case/Script from one Project to another?

I think RQM don't support migration of Test Case/Script from one project to another, but use REST API may can do this.

permanent link
Bob Zurn (61162) | answered May 06 '09, 8:12 a.m.
I've heard in RQM 2.0 that this moving Test Plans/Cases/Scripts between projects is supported.

permanent link
Mohammad Tauqeer Khan (6) | answered May 11 '09, 6:50 a.m.
Hi All,
Even I am facing the same issue. I am shifting server machine so want to transfer existing project to new machine but unable to do the same.

Please suggest.

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered May 12 '09, 8:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, the comment about 2.0 is correct. We are working on a deep copy utility that can move test artifacts between projects for 2.0. But there are no utilities available in the 1.0.x timeframe, sorry. Some users are doing it manually, others have experimented with the API samples.

permanent link
Alka Bahirat (36177) | answered May 20 '09, 4:47 a.m.
Hi,

Can anybody tell if the moving of manual scripts from one project to another is supported in RQM 2.0 Beta1.

Thanks in advance,
Alka

permanent link
Mark Ireland (26115748) | answered May 20 '09, 4:53 a.m.
The method I used to move projects from the RQM 1.0.0 to RQM 1.0.1 was :-

Use the repotools -export command from the old server.

Create a new server etc at the new level, instead of doing the repotools create, do the repotools -import using the file produced above.

This will give you a project called Quality Manager, and then you can add new projects etc.

Not strictly a copy, but best we managed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.