It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query to fetch related work items filed against specific team

Attaullah Syed (13812) | asked Aug 11 '14, 6:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,
How to create a RTC query that can fetch only the stories that have related work items filed against a specific team? For example, the development team creates stories for a release. Other teams such as documentation or testing teams add related work items to the stories. I want to fetch only the stories that have related work items filed against doc.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Aug 11 '14, 7:44 a.m.

Hi Attaullah,
I haven't found any option. You can create new enhancement for that on https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

Susan Hanson commented Aug 11 '14, 8:14 a.m.

Yea, so there are some issues with Queries when it comes to multiple "other" work items.

For example, in the query builder, you can do Type is Story and Related>Filed Against is Doc.  (The Related is available if you select the checkbox in the Condition Selector called "show links").

However, there are some interesting characteristics around "all must match" or "any can match" that you'll have to play around with to see if it meets your criteria.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Aug 11 '14, 10:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello,
I tried using RTC 5.0 - Query Editor
- type = Story
- Links --> Related --> Filed Against --> select category(ies) in the displayed tree
(you can multi-select categories)

Not sure what is missing here.

Eric

Attaullah Syed selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Attaullah Syed commented Aug 25 '14, 2:33 a.m. | edited Aug 25 '14, 4:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Eric. That worked on RTC 5.0.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.