It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to perform a change set review with DM ?

jean-claude vauthier (22634957) | asked Aug 08 '14, 8:18 p.m.
In the DM 5.0 info center it is written :  Change set reviews are associated with resources that reside inside change sets. In a change set review, the author cannot add or remove resources. The only resources that reside in a change set review are a part of a change set.

To perform a formal or informal review, I select either a snapshot or a workspace but opening the change set explorer, then opening a change set,  I have not found any menu to create a Change Set Review.  What is the starting point to create a change set review ?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Aug 11 '14, 12:08 p.m.
Hi Jean-Claude,

Using the Web UI, you do not have any options to start the review from the Change Set explorer.
It has to be done in the DM Web Client itself with the menu Reviews->Create Review

With the thick clients:
->  RSA DM Client Extension allows you, when you are not automatically sharing your change sets, to initiate the review from the change sets in the Design Changes view. This will create the review adding directly the resource(s) for you.
-> Rhapsody DM client, I have not seen the same possibility (at least with 8.0.x).
The Reviews view allows you to call the Web UI directly in Rhapsody but you will have the add/search for your resource(s) manually.
The change set view, will show does not appear to offer you more than what you get with the Configure Management (VVC) Web UI.

Regards,
François
jean-claude vauthier selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
jean-claude vauthier commented Aug 11 '14, 3:21 p.m.

I'm using Rhapsody DM.

Thanks a lot

Jean-Claude

One other answer

permanent link
David Hirsch (1162) | answered Sep 18 '14, 4:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

1. Hi Jean-Claude,

The option to create changesets review exists in Rhapsody DM too. But you can create a changeset review only as long as the changeset was saved but not shared.

To enable it do as following:
  1. In your Design Manager -> Settings dialog, disable the Share on Save checkbox. This will disable the sharing of the changeset automatically on save. To share, you open the changesets view and share the changeset.
  2. It will also cause special changesets (indexable) to be created, that support changesets review. So, after switching to "none share on save" mode, make sure that in your changeset view there is no old changeset.
  3. Execute your changes and save (without share).
  4. In the Reviews view, you can now select the changeset as context of your review.
  5. The review will automatically be updated will all resources in your changeset.

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.