It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migration of TM to RQM

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Apr 29 '09, 8:10 a.m.
There is no suggestion in the documentation that this has to be something that resides on the RQM server - I have therefore followed the procedure to add the necessary migration files into my Test Manager directory on my local harddrive.

The dialogue starts up - I input the host name of the rqm repository and provide the necessary userID and password - the TM2RQM then crashes

Only thing I can see that may be the root cause, is that TM2RQM migration was only provided with 1.0.1 - if the rqm repository server is still 1.0 would that cause the crash?

2 answers

permanent link
Justin Kutticherry (161) | answered Apr 29 '09, 2:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, we recommend that the versions of the migration tool and RQM be the same before you attempt to migrate. So in your case, if your RQM server is v1.0, use the TM2RQM migration utility that came with v1.0. You can find it in the [RQM installation dir]\RQM\migration\ directory.

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Apr 30 '09, 1:34 p.m.
Yes, we recommend that the versions of the migration tool and RQM be the same before you attempt to migrate. So in your case, if your RQM server is v1.0, use the TM2RQM migration utility that came with v1.0. You can find it in the [RQM installation dir]\RQM\migration\ directory.

I did that I reinstalled version 1.0 there was no TM migration in the package only RMT and CQ

I've had my server apps upgraded to 1.0.1 so problem resolved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.