It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

what permissions needed to the user for register adapter

Dev K (512833) | asked Feb 26 '14, 6:35 a.m.
edited Feb 26 '14, 6:47 a.m.
What are the permissions needed to the user for register adapter in the new Project area ?

Actually we have  created a new Project area. .CLA is working fine with old project area but not working with new Project area.

Showing message like :

Thanks,
Dev.

Comments
Sunil Kumar R commented Feb 26 '14, 7:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dev, did you try providing the user with the same priveleges and roles on the new project area as the old project area? Check if that helps? 

Best Regards, Sunil

Dev K commented Feb 26 '14, 7:52 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply.  There are some difference in the permissions in both the project area. Is Process role  for the user might be the issue.
Process role of the user for the Old Project is : Test Team Leader and Test Team Member.
But for the new Project Process role is : Test Team Affiliate.

Please suggest me if it is the cause of the above error message?

Thanks,
Dev..

2 answers

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Feb 26 '14, 7:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should have permission for "Register Tool Adapter" to register the adapter with RQM. For the adapter to work, you should have permission for "Save Adapter Request"

Comments
Dev K commented Feb 26 '14, 7:54 a.m.

Hi Subhajit,

Can you please let me know how to assign  these permissions to the user for "Register Tool Adapter" and  " "Save Adapter Request".
What user's "Process role" should i assign for the new Project area ?
Thanks,
Dev.

Ara Masrof commented Feb 26 '14, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dev

Go to Manage This Project Area -> Permissions; you can then access both Adapter permissions from there

Dev K commented Feb 26 '14, 11:54 p.m.

Hi Ara,

In my Old Project Area , these settings are not checked .. still CLA is working fine.
Is it important to check these settings?
Thanks,
Dev.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811195221) | answered Feb 27 '14, 12:02 a.m.
Your account should be having Connector license privilege.

From Admin > Go to Manage Users > Client Access License.

Comments
Dev K commented Feb 27 '14, 2:25 a.m.

Hi Anoop,
Thanks for your reply.
if it is issue with the license , it should not work with old project area also..

Best regards,
Dev.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.