It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scripts created in one PC are getting executed in Another PC

Phani Kumar Settipalli (835) | asked Aug 04 '14, 5:51 a.m.
edited Aug 04 '14, 9:04 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hi, I have created all my scripts in one PC and then copied the same in the shared drive. Now when i am running the same scripts through RQM from different machine, scripts are getting failed. But the same scripts are getting passed when run through RQM in the same PC where the scripts were developed.

Can you please help to fix this issue. Thanks, Phani

Comments
Don Yang commented Aug 04 '14, 6:51 a.m.

Have you created Shared Resource Locations in "Manage Project Properties" in RQM(test the connection and it should be passed)? and then create a new test script(for example RFT script) by using shared location(In which you have the copied script)?
Does script failed mean the script is not started at all or it runs to a certain lines then failed? you may be able to find some more info from the adapter console.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 05 '14, 4:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A description of the errors you see would be helpful. In general this is often a matter of paths, installed software and what your script needs.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Aug 06 '14, 1:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Phani,

If the scripts where imported to RQM from location-1 and then they where shifted to location-2 then the TestScripts will fail to execute from RQM because RQM will search the scripts in location-1

So lets say you have 4 RFT Scripts in C drive in your PC. You imported the scripts to RQM. Now you shift the scripts to E drive. You run the RFT TestScripts in RQM. The execution will fail because the path for the script in RQM will be saying C drive and it will not find the script in C drive so execution will fail

Thanks
Phani Kumar Settipalli selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.