It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to search TCERs with status In Progress?

Taly Hotimsky (2714657) | asked Jul 24 '14, 5:53 p.m.
When looking at the Execution Console (RQM 4.0.6) I know we can filter by Status.

However, when looking on TCERs, I couldn't find a way to filter only for those TCERs that are pending execution. The closest (I found) would be filtering by "Last Result". However, this column doesn't show the "In Progress" option and, as such, doesn't allow me to filter for what still needs to be completed.

Any ideas?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 25 '14, 12:33 a.m.

This one is quite curious. In the TCER result set page, four executionResultStatesDTO requests with different parameters are sent to the server and the "In Progress" state is returned in one of these responses. As it turns out, the "In Progress" state is hidden, and it is intentionally removed from the "Last Result" column. Here is its JSON presentation.

{"visible":false,"scope":0,"stepVisible":false,"name":"In Progress","id":"com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.inprogress","severity":-1,"_eQualifiedClassName":"com.ibm.rqm.execution.rest.dto:ExecutionResultStateDTO","itemId":"_ag1k4q2SEeO_fciXVKJ7Tg"}
The other hidden state is "Paused".

Taly Hotimsky commented Jul 25 '14, 7:22 a.m.

Hi Donald.

Thanks, but I'm a bit lost.

How can that code help me yield the In Progress TCERs in a query? (I'm using RQM only, not building a report from another tool or using OSLC or anything like that)

Also, do you happen to know if there's any good reason for hiding these statuses? It doesn't seem to make sense.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Jul 25 '14, 3:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Taly,

Go to Manage Project Properties-> Execution States and enable "In progress" state.
You should be able to see it under "Last Result" after that.

-Vidya
Taly Hotimsky selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Taly Hotimsky commented Jul 25 '14, 4:15 p.m.

Thanks! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.